The Cocktails & Chemo Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
The Cocktails and Chemo Foundation’s mission is to create a support network for the often forgotten caregivers of cancer patients by providing one-of-a-kind care packages.
Through your donations, we are able to brighten the lives of cancer caregivers and spread care and compassion around the world.
There are lots of ways you can help the Cocktails and Chemo Foundation!
- Financial donations allow us to purchase gift cards for caregivers.
- Gift certificates to restaurants, spas, salons.
- Donations with men in mind! We are always looking for items to honor the important male caregivers! Think of DVDs, sports gear, shaving kits, etc.
- Jewelry, hair care products, makeup, blankets, purses, books and other items are packaged up and sent directly to caregivers as chosen by the Cocktails & Chemo Board of Directors.
But how do you go about raising funds, or collecting donated items? Here are a few ideas that Friends of the Foundation have done in the past:
- Organize a bar crawl. Work with your area pubs. They are more than happy to see an increase in patrons especially on a night that is normally slow for them. Ask them to create a Cocktails & Chemo themed drink with part of the proceeds helping the foundation
- Are you planning your tailgates for the college football season? How about having some informational fliers and ask your fellow tailgaters for some donations? It’s also a great way to meet other sports enthusiasts.
- Do you work for a company that prides itself in philanthropy? Inquire if they will help you organize a donation program to benefit the Foundations. Donations can be financial, gift card, or other products that can be used in a care basket.
- Have you tried speaking to someone at your religious institution? Many times they have groups that will help collect donations for care baskets. Another great way to meet people and to share with other how the Foundation’s mission.
- Start a collection at your kids school
- Reach out to Fraternities and Sororities to help raise awareness and generate funds
- Have a bake sale! It’s a great way for people to help by baking, and in turn raise money form those that purchase the goodies.
- For those competitive folks you know, how about a chili cook-off? You can have friends and family cook-up their world-famous-chili and charge a nominal fee for people to sample all the chili.
The best part of this all, you can be creative! Hopefully these ideas will spark ones of your own. If you have fundraising idea, please share it! Here’s a look at some of our previous care packages:
Ways to Donate to the Foundation
If you’d like to donate to the Cocktails and Chemo Foundation, a place dedicated to helping take the load off of the young caregivers of cancer, you can do it here.